As a DATA ENGINEER (Sr. / Med) would you like to work with the latest technologies in a challenging data environment and make the world a safer and better place at the same time?
Apply at TMNL! We offer you a complex technical playground with all the latest technologies you need to create and accelerate our innovative, state-of-the-art transaction monitoring platform. With this platform, we develop new detection techniques and make critical insights that help banks, the public sector and law enforcement to fight financial crime together.
- Design, build, and maintain our Data Lake and data pipelines. Most of the current stack is on AWS: S3, Step Functions, Glue and Lambda.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand their data requirements, design and implement data ingestion processes, onboard new data sources, develop tools and frameworks used for data exploration and preparation
- Develop new data products that help our data analysts, data scientists, anti-money laundering experts deliver high quality alerts.
At Transaction Monitoring Nederland we are creating a top-notch detection and transaction monitoring company to defeat financial crimes such as money laundering and the financing of terrorism. We are forming an energetic and mission-driven team, where curious and talented minds in anti-money laundering (AML) and financial crime detection, data science, data engineering, advanced analytics, and artificial intelligence join forces.
Our 4 key values are an important part of our culture. We are: Courageous in Innovation, Curious in Collaboration, Persistent in Responsibility, and we take Care of each other. We aim to achieve a long-lasting societal change by exposing the craftiest bad actors in the financial world.
We Are Looking For:
- Expertise within Data Engineering, with a background of managing and optimizing data pipelines and storage.
- Strong experience with Python, SQL, and AWS services
- Experience with big data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Hive)
- Experience with infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform, Cloud Formation)
- Experience with Data Modelling.
At TMNL you will experience the freshness, the freedom, the mandate, and the pace forward of a scale-up. We’re based on a healthy foundation, as we have the full dedication and support of the five largest Dutch banks from the start. We love our work, and we also enjoy a healthy work-life balance. Our excellent benefits package include:
- Highly competitive salary, holiday allowance, and 13th month
- 30 Holidays
- Hybrid working (at present, the team meets twice per week in the office)
- A good pension package
- A generous Personal Learning and Development Budget
- Well-connected office near Amsterdam Amstel station with an excellent view of the Amstel river
- 4 hours of craft & learning time per week
- Generous budget for setting up your home office
- A MacBook Pro to get stuff done
- A highly innovative, personal, and energetic company culture
- NS 1st class Business card
- A phone budget and subscription
Apply and meet Norbert Siegers, CEO at TMNL and our data engineering team. Click the apply button or contact Silvia Szabo, HR Admin Specialist, at email@example.com for more information.
Research shows that while male candidates feel confident enough to apply when they meet about 60% of the requirements, female and non-binary candidates only apply when they tick every box. So, if this role inspires you, but you’re not sure about the criteria, we still want to hear from you.
Acquisition is not necessary, as we do our own recruitment. Thanks!