As a SENIOR MACHINE LEARNING ENGINEER would you like to work with cutting-edge technologies in a state-of-the-art data environment, while building a fintech from scratch and making the world a safer and better place at the same time?
Apply at TMNL! We offer you a very cool technical playground with all the latest technologies you need to create and accelerate our innovative, state-of-the-art transaction monitoring platform. A must-have to create the most effective detection and new insights, that will help banks, public sector, and law enforcement to collectively defeat financial crime.
- Building production-grade, fully automated model pipelines running on terabytes of data
- This includes model monitoring, experiment tracking, creating reusable components, and more
- Contribute to the development and population of our feature store
- Graph, machine learning, or rule-based models? We’ve got them all!
- Your team has end-to-end ownership of your models: you build it, you run it, you maintain it.
- You’ll work in a cross-functional team consisting of Data Scientists, Domain Experts, and Machine Learning Engineers. We’re cloud-native AWS, operating on a modelling platform built around SageMaker.
- Contribute to the MLE craft by sharing best practices and being an active member.
- Interface with Platform Teams (Data, MLOps) to influence the future direction of the modelling platform.
- We expect you to be very advanced in Python
- Multiple years of experience building data-intensive products using Apache Spark
- A minimum of 6 years of work experience building production grade ML models.
- Data-focused workflow orchestrators such as Airflow, Prefect and/or SageMaker Pipelines
- AWS (SageMaker, CodeBuild, CodePipeline, S3, Lambda, EventBridge)
- Experience in implementing production-grade (machine learning) model pipelines working on large data sets, including a.o. testing, monitoring, and drift detection.
- You know when to use notebooks, when not, and how to go from a notebook to a pipeline
- You have shaped the engineering direction in a few projects previously
- You proactively engage in knowledge-sharing activities, inside as well as across teams
- Experience working in a cross-functional model development team
- Currently living in the Netherlands
- You have a knack for data pipelining and have spent a lot of time there
- Knowledge of / experience with MLOps principles and tools (model & data lineage, observability, feature stores, model registries…)
- Ability to lead multiple cross-team initiatives
- Experience in the financial industry
At Transaction Monitoring Nederland we are creating a top-notch detection and transaction monitoring company to defeat financial crimes such as money laundering and the financing of terrorism. We are forming an energetic and inspired team, where the curious, talented minds in anti-money laundering (AML) and financial crime detection, data science, data engineering, advanced analytics, and artificial intelligence join forces.
Our 4 key values are an important part of our culture. We are: Courageous in Innovation, Curious in Collaboration, Persistent in Responsibility, and we take Care of each other. We aim to achieve an edge and quality in our work, and also a long-lasting societal change by finding and exposing the smartest bad actors in the financial world.
At TMNL you will experience the freshness, the freedom, the mandate, and the pace forward of a scale-up. We’re based on a healthy growing ground, as we have the full dedication and support of the five largest Dutch banks from the start. We love our work and we also enjoy a healthy work-life balance and an excellent benefits package including:
- Highly competitive salary, holiday allowance, and 13th month
- 28 days of annual leave
- Hybrid working (at present, the team meets twice per week in the office)
- A good pension package
- A 4000 € yearly budget for Personal Learning and Development
- Well connected office near Amstel station with an excellent view of the Amstel river
- 4 hours craft & learning time per week (AWS certifications, open source contributions...)
- Generous budget for setting up your home office
- A MacBook Pro to get stuff done
- A highly innovative, personal, energetic, and driven culture
- NS 1st class Business card
- A phone budget and subscription
- Work with a highly skilled team of engineers that will keep you motivated to learn new things and try new ideas
Apply and meet Norbert Siegers, CEO at TMNL, and our machine learning engineering team. Just click the apply button or contact Evelijn de Flines, Recruitment Specialist, at evelijn.deflines@TMNL.nl for further information.
If this vacancy appeals to you but you are not sure whether you might be THE person we are looking for, please do apply. We encourage all qualified applicants, including minorities, people with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups.
We do our own recruitment. So, acquisition is not necessary. Thanks!